Had this bad weekend happened in, say, January . . . no one would be talking about it. Alas, it's April, and it matters all the same . . . not too terribly much, actually.
But whatever. Fuck Chicago.
You want links? I've got a handful.
- Heard that stupid Fratelli's song too many fucking times, didn't we? Blues lose 4-2 to the Blackhaws, and here to tell you about it is Ashley, AKA ConjuredStupendousLifeform. [SLGT]
- The mood at The Committed Indian seemed a little "meh" in the aftermath. [The Committed Indian]
- Before the game, I did a Q&A with Mike at Cheer The Anthem. (He's to the Blackhawks on III Communication's DemocraThree what I am to the Blues.) [Cheer The Anthem]
- Prospect Sunday returns! Brian tells us of the week that was and who's trending up, and will have a more full report next week. [SLGT; SLGT]
- We recorded Episode 38 of Beyond Checkerdome yesterday. But we also did a guest interview with Jason and Chris of the Blues Hockey Podcast. So look for those coming up this week. Recording stuff is fun!
- Scores. Pertinent to the Blues, aside from the actual Blues GAME . . . the Stars lost to the Panthers, the Avalanche(s) lost to the Penguins in a shootout to earn a point and the Ducks lost to the . . . LOL . . . Oilers in Edmonton. So basically, the Blues lost to a team that CAN'T win the Central, the Avs lost to fall back (though only slightly) in the race for the Central, no one wants the top seed in the West and Dallas doesn't want the playoffs enough. Or. Something. [NHL.com 04/06/14]
- Three games tonight. Two of them are KINDA pertinent . . . with the Wild(s) facing the Jets in Winnipeg and the Ducks playing the Canucks in Vancouver. [NHL.com 04/07/14]
- Standings. Blues' magic point number to take the Central is four, magic point number to take the top seed in the West is six. (And yes, that's all because of tiebreakers and such.) [NHL.com]
- Zac Rinaldo is a professional dipshit. This time, the Flyers forward launched an elbow into Sabres defenseman Chad Ruhwedel, because I guess that seemed like the thing to do at the time. [Puck Daddy]
- Also in that game, Sabres defenseman Christian Ehrhoff got smoked in the ear with a puck. He tweeted photos of it. (WARNING: DO NOT CLICK IF YOU'RE EATING AND/OR SQUEAMISH) [Twitter / @TheRealHoff10]
- Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban accidentally struck a young fan with a puck in a recent game. He decided to go meet this young fan, which is something he totally was not obligated to do. And THAT'S pretty damn cool. [CBS Sports Eye On Hockey]
- Harrison Mooney believes the Jets should cut Ondrej Pavelec loose. So in other words, he's trying to help a division rival. So in other words . . . SCREW YOU, MOONEY. (But not really, you're cool, man.) [Puck Daddy]
- Kings defenseman Matt Greene bled quite a bit from his skate during a shift, and a lot of folks wondered why . . . well, it was a cut from a puck that hit "a pressure point" on his calf, and he says he's fine, no big deal. [LA Kings Insider]
- Things got rowdy at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum during the annual NYPD/FDNY charity hockey game. To the tune of "bench-clearing brawl", it seems. The two goalies didn't seem to want any part of it. [Deadspin]
- Mickey Rooney, dead at 93. I honestly thought he'd passed a few years ago. But hey, no doubting that he was a motherfucking legend. RIP. [USA Today]
- A man who wanted $140 from an ATM ended up getting $37,000 from that ATM, which is, y'know, awesome if you get to keep it. (Which, apparently, he didn't get to.) [Y! / AP]
- The Kansas City Royals are selling bottles of water from the famous Kauffman Stadium fountains for $20. DARE YOU TO DRINK IT, PRICK. [Deadspin]
- Wrestlemania XXX was last night. The top five moments. [SB Nation]
This was about a week ago, but whatever . . . Jay and Dan have been in SoCal too long, obviously, since the earthquake made them both only SORTA startled them:
"That was an earthquake?" "Yeah." "Cool!"
Links? Videos? Both? Neither? Whatever. Send me some stuff for tomorrow and the future:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
Go local sports team and/or college!