Okay, so once again the Western Conference Finals only exist to torture Blues fans. But don't worry - for 3 of you, your suffering will be rewarded with prizes thanks to The First Annual St. Louis Game Time Postseason Bracket Contest That In No Way Infringes Upon Copyright Laws!
A quick refresher: the divisional finals were worth 4 points for a correct pick, but 2 bonus points for the correct series length. A completely perfect bracket through the first 2 rounds would net you 48 points. (No one has 48 points.)
Without further ado, here are the current leaders half way home (again, I used SBN names when applicable, real names other wise):
1. Muneeb A - 29 points
2. Steve-R - 25 points
3. Perreault my boat - 24 points
4. Steve Lane - 23 points
T-5. Bluesgirl22 - 22 points
T-5. STLEdge - 22 points
T-7. Derek Wilhelm - 21 points
T-7. icehammer97 - 21 points
T-9. DanGNR - 20 points
T-9. CanesAndBluesFan - 20 points
T-9. UIWWildthing - 20 points
Some notes & observations thus far:
- The Bruins falling to Le Blue, Blanc, et Rouge really screwed over a lot of your brackets: 91% of you guys had Boston in the Eastern Finals. Can't say I blame you...and as I mentioned after last round, 77% of brackets had the Bruins winning the East - so some brave souls have a chance to really separate themselves from the pack going into the Cup Finals.
- Of a similar note, Bluesgirl22 is the only contestant who called the Canadiens and the Rangers in the Eastern Finals. Meanwhile, three people picked a Western Finals between Those Fuckers Up North and Those Assholes Out West: Muneeb A, Steve Lane, and CanesAndBluesFan.
- There could still be a lot movement yet on these rankings, as the last 2 rounds are worth big points. A correct conference champion pick is 8 points (with 4 bonus points), and picking the right Cup winner in the correct number of games is worth a whopping 24 points!
- That last point is very good news...to the 5 of you who still have their Cup Champion pick alive. Seriously. In fact, 62% of you had your Stanley Cup winning pick knocked out in the first round (obviously many of those were optimistic Blues fans, but not exclusively).
- I've made the executive decision to have the 2nd place gift card be $50 to Sports Authority, seeing as A) that's a pretty common national chain which is relevant to the contest, and B) they just opened one close to my work. Any objections/alternate suggestions?
- Seriously, fuck TFUN & TAOW.