It's Tuesday, but for most of you, it's Monday. For me? EVERY Tuesday is a Monday. Confused? Fuck, why would I care? The Blues aren't playing, are they?
- Can you predict Corsi? CanesAndBluesFan says . . . yes, to an extent. [SLGT]
- T.J. Oshie didn't advance in the NHL 15 cover vote contest. Good. I get my Twitter timeline back a week earlier than I'd expected.
- Fuck Los Angeles. The Kings are up 3-1 and people are happy and shit. [Jewels From The Crown]
- Fuck Chicago. The Blackhawks are down 3-1 and the sky is falling except YOU HAVE TWO CUPS IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS YOU SHITS. [Second City Hockey]
- The Rangers would very much like to end their series in Montréal this evening. The Canadiens would very much like for that to . . . y'know . . . NOT happen. [NHL.com 05/27/14]
- So the West is better than the East. I think we all knew that, but Ryan Lambert makes sure we all know in this week's What We Learned. [Puck Daddy]
- The Capitals wanted the Trotz. And they got the Trotz. Barry Trotz is their new head coach, while some guy named Barry MacLellan was promoted to General Manager in DC. [Washington Post]
- The Japanese are notorious for overworking themselves. To combat this, the Japanese government created a holiday, its' 16th national holiday. I guess the key here is . . . use your vacation time or something. [Y! / The Sideshow]
- A World War I battlefield still has an old soccer ball that was kicked around during the battle. That, and other stunning photos from old WWI sites. [io9]
Speaking of Germans . . . first . . . I posted the video with Germans trying to say "squirrel" yesterday, which led to this video of people in Guadalupe trying to say the German word for "squirrel" which, as Brian noted in yesterday's comments, is . . . "Eichhörnchen". (S/T to Childhood Trauma):
Yeah, this language barrier stuff . . . is NOT easy.
And then . . . I showed you "Man At Arms" yesterday making Link's Master Sword from The Legend of Zelda . . . now, see him make . . . Jon Snow's sword, "Longclaw", from Game of Thrones! Whoa:
Yeah, again, I want three.
Want more variety in tomorrow's links? Send me shit! Two ways to do it:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
Oh, and it wasn't mentioned yesterday . . . it's an off-week for Beyond Checkerdome. Check back next week for a new program.