Grab coffee. Click linky.
- A pretty exciting day for our Prospects Department yesterday, as the Chicago Wolves had a chance to advance to the next round of the Calder Cup Playoffs . . . [SLGT]
- . . . and they did just that! A power play marker by Dmitrij Jaskin ended up being the game winner, and a 21-save effort from Jake Allen aided in a 4-2 victory over the Rochester Americans, giving the AHL affiliate of the Blues a 3-2 series win over the Amerks. [SLGT]
- The Wolves will now meet the Toronto Marlies, the AHL affiliate of the Maple Leafs. It's 2-3-2, with home ice going to the Wolves. Schedule? Brian has that. [SLGT]
- Tim and I recorded Beyond Checkerdome yesterday. We discussed stuff and things. We probably won't do another one for a couple weeks. Episode 42 (yeah, MAYBE that number is popular) should be ready by Wednesday.
- Black the Fuckhawks. [The Committed Indian]
- The Penguins salvaged a split heading to MSG with a 3-0 victory. NOTE: Sidney Crosby played well but still hasn't scored a goal in the postseason. Which is . . . just . . . strange. IT'S LIKE OPPOSING TEAMS KEY ON STAR PLAYERS OR SOMETHING, HOLY SHIT, SOMEONE ALERT THE BLUES. [PensBurgh]
- Two games tonight. The Pens and Rangers play again tonight. Because the East's playoff schedule is stupid. Also, Kings-Ducks, because they've had a day off. [NHL.com 05/05/14]
- This Blackhawks logo pizza looks tasty and . . . compared to the Fighting Illini, Fighting Sioux and the Redskins . . . TOTALLY not racist or anything. [Puck Daddy]
- Evgeni Malkin gets a lap dance. Looks like from a while ago. (WARNING: NOT SAFE FOR WORK, LIKE, AT ALL) [Deadspin]
- Fall down thrice, get up . . . at some point. This Suomi line change is rather hilarious. [Puck Daddy]
- Let's just say that I DEFINITELY would've noticed this. But since I'm not a car buyer right now, I probably wouldn't have given a flying fuck aside from laughing at it. Still, embarrassing. [Y! / Odd News]
- Football legend Jim Brown is tired of the NCAA's shit. [Deadspin]
Jensen Ackles fucking KILLS this version of "Eye of the Tiger", recorded as Dean Winchester in filming for the CW series Supernatural:
Rock on, Ackles. Rock on.
Clickables, watchables and other -ables go to:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And like St. Patrick's Day precisely seven weeks ago . . . enjoy Mexican Amateur Night, otherwise known as Cinco De Mayo, this evening. Or Drinko De Mayo. Or whatever.