If The Universe were to offer me a deal where both the Blackhawks & the Kings would be eliminated by just just canceling tonight's game and giving The Cup to the Rangers, but in return I had to vote for Donald Sterling for US President, I'd be arrested for voter fraud after trying to vote multiple times, just to make sure it counted.
- Gordon takes a look at Blues potential offensive targets this summer, and reminds us that we're not the only team looking for serious scoring upgrades...which means we can all look forward to handing Jussi Jokinen $5.5 million after the 6 or 7 better options get more than that. But seriously, some potentially good options here - what do YOU think? Poll time! [STLToday]
- According to Forbes, Blues fans are the 5th "Most Loyal" fanbase in the NHL. SUCK IT, 83% OF NORTH AMERICA!!! [SLGT]
- Elsewhere in completely neutral and objective league-wide rankings that are therefor unimpeachable and inarguable, the "overall fan experience" at the Scottrade Center is the 6th best in the NHL. SUCK IT, UNITED CENTER AND 23 OTHER BUILDINGS!!! Sticktap to CrossCheckRaise... [Stadium Journey]
- ...who also passed along this piece about Al MacInnis getting ready to watch his son Ryan go through the Combine, and how Chopper is dealing with working for the Blues while they scout and interview his son. [NHL.com]
- Next week, the Blues and the 14 Fund will cut the ribbon to a brand new street hockey rink for the Mathews-Dickey Boys' & Girls' Club, which has severed more than 40,000 St. Louis area kids, largely African-American, over the last 50+ years. It will be the first time they've been able to let their kids play hockey. [STLToday]
- I don't give a shit. [NHL.com 6/1]
- The Minnesota Wild signed coach Mike Yeo to a "multi-year extension." Which is funny, because he is not good. [Hockey Wilderness]
- In light of the incident which cost the Canadiens Carey Price, and thus potentially a conference championship, Mike Smith is calling for tougher penalties for goalie interference. I'm mostly on board with the idea, but can we get someone other than The Goalie Who Cried Wolf to spearhead this effort? [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Flyers chairman Ed Snider has completed his treatment for cancer, and says he feels "great." Great news - fuck cancer. [CSN Philly]
- In New York? Want to see a Stanley Cup Final game at Madison Square Garden? Have a spare kidney to sell on the black market? Then you might be in luck! Second hand tickets for the Cup Finals on Broadway start at $1,143.30 for game 3, and go up to nearly $30,000!!! But to be fair, $30,000 is also the cost for 3 months of rent in a broom closet in Manhattan. [SBNation NHL]
- Speaking of the Blueshirts, don't be so quick to dismiss them against whoever wins tonight. Here are three legitimate reasons they have a shot - and two of those reasons aren't Henrik Lundqvist. [SBNation NHL]
- Remember that incredibly fucking idiotic Hockey News piece by Adam Proteau I linked on Friday? The one where he claimed that Alex Ovechkin leaving the Capitals for the KHL would be a good thing for both parites? Well, Japers' Rink went ahead and took him to task, piece by piece, over just how stupid that was. [Japers' Rink]
- You may know a lot about George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, & Ben Franklin, but the Founding Father perhaps most responsible for American independence (and my personal favorite) is John Adams. Learn a few things (mostly good things) about the 2nd President of the US. [Mental_Floss]
- Some "really shitty" movies are actually pretty damn good. Try a few of these on for size - couldn't agree more with Orange County and Josie & the Pussycats. [Huff Post]
- The 2014 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony was last night, featuring inductees
Hull & OatesHall & Oates, Kiss, and holy-shit-how-were-they-not-there-already Nirvana. [Rock Hall]
- The United States Men's National soccer Team will play their 2nd World Cup warm up match today against Turkey (a much tougher opponent than Azerbaijan) in
New York CityHarrison, New Jersey (fucking Red Bulls...) at 1. The SBNation home of the USMNT is Stars And Stripes FC, so be sure to check them out later, but for now, here's a game preview all ready to go! [The Yanks Are Coming]
Holy shit, it doesn't get any more badass than that! Kratos actually has Blades of Chaos, so I'll take both of those, plus the bearded axe...which makes three!
DK will takes over for the week. Won't you send him links? It'd be awfully nice of ya', mister!
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com