Okay, we're gonna do this quickly - I've been working on another piece (not finished yet, unfortunately) so I'm getting a late start tonight. Plus, there's soccer to watch all day and probably the last hockey game of the summer tonight.
Click it or ticket!
- Could Jason Spezza become a Blue? Personally, I'm not as high on him as other options that could be on the table - he doesn't seem to me like he'd be as complimentary to Frank & Schwartzie as Thornton or Stastny would - but he'd still be our best center. [SLGT]
- The Kings could wrap up the Stanley Cup tonight. When did their offense go from shitty as hell to pretty damn good? Find out. [Jewels from the Crown]
- But then again, maybe they won't?...and 10 other thoughts about the situation the Rangers have found themselves in. (And by "found themselves in" I mean "put themselves in.") [Blueshirt Banter]
- According to his head coach Alain Vigneault, Rick Nash is doing everything right except for the scoring part. Now where have I heard that before... [Pro Hockey Talk]
- The World Cup kicked off yesterday, with the hosts Brazil taking down Croatia 3-1 (...thanks to an extremely shitty dive that led to a penalty). But before the game, FIFA cut the Brazilian national anthem short over the PA system, as they are wont to do, so the Brazilian crowd responded by singing the rest on their own. Truly spine-tingling. [SBNation]
- Today, there's Cameroon vs Mexico (BOOOOOO!), Spain vs the Netherlands (a rematch of the 2010 final), and Chile vs Australia. [ESPN FC]
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com