The name Alec Martinez is about to become as insufferable to me as David Freese is to non-Cardinal fans.
Speaking of "insufferable," be sure to vote in the poll below!
- News? About the St. Louis Blues? In June? You're kidding, right?
- Fuck it, here you go - IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED?!?!? THOSE ASSHOLES OUT WEST WON, OKAY??? [Jewels from the Crown]
- Rangers fans - at least those at BSB - seem to have taken the defeat with a resigned acceptance, as well as appreciation for their team's accomplishments. More power to them. Because trust me, I'm filled with enough bitter distaste in my mouth for all of Manhattan. [Blueshirt Banter]
- The Conn Smythe winner is Justin Williams, which pretty much proves that even hockey writers now have a basic comprehension of the #FancyStats. Plus that whole "being clutch in game 7s" thing, if you're into that. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Prior to the game, Dunn wrote up an in-depth expose on Phil Pritchard, aka, The Keeper of The Cup. [Battle of California]
- Lambert's Trending Topics from yesterday was on how goalie stats are currently impossible to be entirely accurate, and how Even Strength Save% has become the single go-to goalie stat, not because it's the best so much as it's the least shitty. [Puck Daddy]
- Elsewhere in the NHL, the Florida Panthers have reportedly narrowed down their list of coaching candidates to five names. And it isn't just "Dan Bylsma" written five times, either. [NHL.com]
- Should the Minnesota Wild acquire P.K. Subban? It sounds like the Wild owners suddenly made all that money that they claimed to not have during the lockout back now, huh? [Hockey Wilderness]
- Sad news out of the world of football: 4-time Super Bowl winning coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers Chuck Noll died yesterday at the age of 82. One of the greatest leaders in pro sports history. [Behind the Steel Curtain]
- Down in Brazil, yesterday saw Mexico to Cameroon 1-0, Chile beat Australia 3-1, and the big shocker: defending world champions/2-time defending European champions Spain got thrashed by the Netherlands 5-1. To put those 5 goals into perspective, when Spain won in 2010, they played 7 games...and only allowed 2 goals total. Just how does something like that happen to The Greatest National Team In HistoryTM? [SBNation Soccer]
- Today's World Cup action is jam packed, with Colombia-Greece, Uruguay-Costa Rica, then the highlight of the day England-Italy, then the Ivory Coast-Japan in the night cap. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Brian emailed me this collection of NFL logos re-imagined as soccer crests from the 4 biggest countries in Europe (England, Spain, Germany, and Italy). I've posted it before, but not since the entire project has been finished. Take another look - my favorites are the German Rams, the English Cowboys, and the Italian Packers. [Football As Football]
Remember the Soccer Beagle I told you to look up yesterday? Don't worry, I've still got you guys covered!
When I'm Ruler of the Universe, every pro athlete will be required to celebrate big plays by walking on their hands. IT IS DECIDED!
Obviously the World Cup is a big damn deal, but I promise I'm not trying to only give soccer links - send me something else & I post the shit out of it!
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com