My links partner thinks I might have a system. Haha.
- How'd the Blues do in the draft? Hoosier Blue asks the question . . . [SLGT FanPosts]
- . . . and, at least for the moment, Brian gives us the answers, along with the scouting reports on EVERY draft pick the Blues had in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, all here in this StoryStream. [SLGT]
- Biggest news of yesterday . . . probably this. First, Oilers center Sam Gagner gets swapped to the Lightning(s) for Newfie winger Teddy Purcell, then Gagner was traded with our old pal B.J. Crombeen to the Coyotes for a sixth-rounder in 2015. Basically, a salary dump. O . . . kay then. [Puck Daddy]
- Next . . . may have been that the Sabres bought out Christian Ehrhoff. I think a few folks might've seen this coming. Oh, and Army . . . no. (But I think you know that.) [The Score]
- Look at some awkward photos of NHL draft picks. A top 10 of them, actually. [Puck Daddy]
- It's been rumored that the Maple Leafs have been shopping James Reimer, and now apparently Reimer has requested that the Leafs actually, y'know, just send him elsewhere. [CBS Sports Eye on Hockey]
MEXICAN TEAR-CHUGGING CONTEST WORLD CUP:
- Mexico looked well on their way to sending major favorites the Netherlands home early, but a late equalizer by Wesley Sneijder and a stoppage time PK by Klaas Jan Huntelaar put the Dutch through to the quarters and sent El Tri packing. HUP HOLLAND HUP! [CBS Sports Eye on the World Cup]
Brian Elliott was happy about this. As he was in the group stage. [Twitter / @KidElls1]
- Costa Rica battled through playing down a man for much of the match and a stoppage time equalizer to beat Greece in penalties. Los Ticos have a very major challenge ahead of them, though . . . as you saw in the prior link. [SB Nation]
- Previews: Germany vs. Algeria has a bit of history behind it . . . [Independent]
- . . . while France faces a former colony of theirs, Nigeria, in the day's other match. [Sky Sports]
- If you have $400K burning a hole in your pocket, you can buy a small town in South Dakota. Bar included! [Y! / AP]
- Heart-wrenching news out of rural Georgia. A 23-year-old former Auburn University football player died in an auto accident Sunday morning. 23. Yeah, that . . . just sucks, man. [Deadspin]
Here's an adorable cat thing. (S/T to Kate):
Of course that's a BuzzFeed thing, right?
And then there's this from That Mitchell & Webb Look's first season. It's just right for Game Time:
Yes. It is right for Game Time.
So yeah, I don't have a system, but I am quite consistent with my postings, I suppose. If you have something for me in the way of links, videos or whatever, please let me know:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com