Every all-star game / pro bowl-type event should be played in the offseason, so the event gets all the attention and respect it deserves.
Which is . . . none.
Yes, hockey is included in this.
- *FART NOISE*
- Also, Harrison Mooney calls J-Mill's plan for a World Cup of Hockey "perfect". [Puck Daddy]
- The Predators did some things yesterday. First, they signed Coyotes center and exile Mike Ribeiro to a cheap one-year deal. Ribeiro admitted that his crumbling marriage had a lot to do with his highly-publicized buyout in Glendale. [Puck Daddy]
- But wait! There's less! The Perds also signed our old friend, Derek Roy, to a cheap one-year deal. He'll be paid a quarter of what the Blues paid him last year. :-| [Predators]
- Sidney Crosby had elected to have surgery on his problematic wrist. Then he got a second opinion and will try to wish his wrist better, apparently. [Penguins]
- Remember Sergie Federoff? Well, he didn't wear 91 for the Red Wings, and he wasn't . . . y'know, Sergei Fedorov. [Puck Daddy]
- Apparently, Marc-Edouard Vlasic is on Twitter now. His first tweet was brilliant, and set off a litany of photoshops by BoC. [Battle of California]
- Icethetics delivers Part Three (an epilogue) of their piece that brought you the 1996 Flyers teal sweater that never was. The author is quite endearing toward our team's logo. "Perfection" was a word used regarding it, and rumors are it won't change with the new sweater design, as we've likely seen. [Icethetics]
- Buried near the bottom of this piece? Each player that represented Team Russia at the IIHF World Championships (they won gold, if you might recall) got the same treatment as those Russians that won gold in Sochi . . . a new Mercedes. Must be nice winning a tournament barely a tenth of the planet gives a shit about. [RT.com]
- Fuck Cancer. (S/T to Ashley, AKA RealHollywoodRobot) [BuzzFeed]
- Cutting the cheese? No, no, no . . . STEALING the cheese. Vans. [Y! / AP]
- Drew Magary with a perfect takedown of the over-competitive nature of parents in the modern America. [Deadspin / The Concourse]
Make sure your grammar doesn't suck, ladies and gents. (S/T to DanGNR by way of @HitchsHat):
Weird Al is the greatest.
Links? Videos? Other shit? One last chance this week before I turn things over to my partner-in-crime:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And don't forget, Episode 47 of Beyond Checkerdome comes your way this afternoon. We had special guests with us and it was a humdinger. So please join us!