Happy birthday, America.
- The Blues will have their development camp for the youngsters next Monday thru Wednesday, and it'll be open to the public. Nine of the team's 10 draft picks from this past draft (Ville Husso will miss it) are slated to be there. [Blues]
- Watch Steve Dangle's head explode for ten minutes about the opening day of free agency. [SB Nation]
- Here's an update on John Moore's lawsuit against Todd Bertuzzi. He's seeking more damages. This thing will finally go to trial some day, right? [The Hockey News]
- Claude Giroux did a dumbass thing, because Claude Giroux IS a dumbass, and he apologized for it because he realized he's a dumbass. Speaking of dumbasses, Claude Giroux plays for the Flyers and is, somehow, in fact, their Captain . . . which I still need to have explained to me sometime. [Puck Daddy]
- Shea Weber bobblehead night? Yeah, that'll be against Philly. Damn right it will be. [The Tennesseean]
- Wysh gives the Blues an A+ for their work before and during the free agency period. Some other interesting grades, too. [Puck Daddy]
- Ian Gillan, the lead singer of Deep Purple, will sing in front of a shitload of people playing "Smoke on the Water" simultaneously. In fact, they're trying to set a record. Cool shit. (S/T to the Game Time Prospects Department) [TeamRock.com Classic Rock News]
- Joe Maddon used a famous 1980's song as the basis to a recent lineup card he wrote out for the Rays. Not that it matters . . . his team sucks this year anyway. [SB Nation / Lookit]
And holy shit, do I have videos. THREE of them, in fact.
First, in the spirit of the holiday, a couple St. Louis chefs tried a new way of cooking . . . just by blowing the shit up with fireworks. Or "pyrogastronomy". Whatever, it looks fun. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise):
Next, we have an Epic Rap Battle between Doc Brown (Back to the Future series) and The Doctor (Doctor Who). (S/T to @RedBerensonCBoy):
The Doctor wins. By a smidge.
Finally . . . remember that trade the Predators made at the draft? During this Five Minute Majors video featuring Stu Grimson, you get to hear how that deal unfolded. Pretty cool, actually. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise):
Sorry, gonna need those draft picks.
Tomorrow will be an open bar, most likely, but that doesn't mean you can't send me shit to link or videos to post:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And to be clear . . . GO DEUTSCHLAND.