It's finally here. No more fake games. No more predictions. No more unimportant stuff. Finally, real hockey. I haven't been this excited for a season since Pierre Turgeon was the No. 1 center.
- Might I interest you in a preview?[Blues]
- Paul Kariya and his new hips are ready to rock. [Blues]
- The Blues have won back fans. Best quote of the article from native son Ben Bishop: "Detroit or Chicago, two big rivals," Bishop said. "I think Blues fans would agree, Detroit is probably the most hated team right now." [Stltoday.com]
- A look at the good and bad of opening the season across the pond. [Sporting News]
- Are the Blues good of was that 40 game stretch just a mirage? [NHL.com]
- JR chatted with fans. [Stltoday.com]
- One last look ahead at what's in store for the Note. [Belleville News-Democrat]
- Chris Osgood is sick and the Wings are already talking about injuries -- built in excuse when they drop two in Sweden. [The Detroit News]
CCR passes along this notes blog. [NHL.com]
- Scores from real games! Yay! [Yahoo!]
- What's on tap for today. [Yahoo!]
- Is Barry Trotz, the only coach in Predators history, responsible for the lack of offense in Nashville? [On the Forecheck]
- Speaking of Nashville, they haven't sold out opening night as of the positing of this blog. Sigh. [On the Forecheck]
- Brendan Shanahan has left the Devils. [Reuters]
- The Avalanche honored Joe Sakic prior to its season-opening upset of the San Jose Sharks. [ESPN]
- Stephane Robidas, the sole reason I won a fantasy hockey league two years thanks (looking at you NatetheGreat.), has signed a four-year extension. [TSN]
This guy is a freaking genius. His ideas are amazing and will change the world. [Twitter]
Best way to break up with someone ever? Best way to break up with someone ever. [Telegraph.uk]
How you answer this quiz will determine if we'd get along or not. [Ain't Nothing But A....?]
Hold onto your butts, we have 3 videos today.
From CCR comes a video that's going around the 'net like crazy. This is the greatest opening montage ever. Replace the bear with Louie and holy shit, I'm ready for pucks.
Look, I enjoyed the playoff berth as much as the next guy, but that's in the past. Watch this one more time and let's get ready for the 2009-10 season.
And finally, Fuck the Red Wings.
Mmmm your tears taste so good.
Poor College Student will be here this weekend. I'll be home in St. Louis sending NatetheGreat. off for his big boy job. I might hit up the DrinkScotch Center on Saturday. Maybe I'll see some of you there? Send PCS some shit. gametimelinks(at)gmail.com.