Good news: I thought we were going to have to have a moment of silence for Mr. Dell Laptop. On Sunday afternoon, my laptop just decided to shut off and not turn back on. I had to switch to the work laptop I use to report from the road. Back, by some miracle, the old p.o.s. turned back on at 11:30. He's resting now, but it looks like I won't be out a laptop. Anyway ... let's get to the links.
- David Perron is a hard-working kid who seems to finally get "it." [Belleville News-Democrat]
- With a little break in the schedule, the Blues are reflecting on their less than stellar play. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Every game Sunday was decided by just one goal. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Monday's games. [Yahoo Sports!]
- Here are your Monday standings. [NHL]
- Washington Capitals right wing Mike Knuble will be out nearly amonth with a broken finger. [TSN]
- If the Coyotes keep winning but the Phoenix fans don't care, do they actually win? Yes. Yes they do. But, they might not stay in Glendale if the seats don't get filled. [TSN]
- Andrew MacDonald has been called up by the Islanders. I'm thankful that he doesn't go by Andy. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- The Boston Globe is reporting that Marc Savard will re-up with the Bruins. [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- The Anaheim Ducks are a struggling bunch. [ESPN]
Joe Sakic will be going to the Hall of Fame. The Colorado Sports Hall of Fame. [ESPN]
- This guy responds to classifieds. As is often the case, hilarity ensues. [Ned Wingfield]
- Google's autcomplete is both awesome and scary. [Autocomplete Me]
- Cross Check Raise has a Project Mayhem idea. I'll let him explain: "Watching a web feed this weekend, it was broadcast by ESPN America, which is the overseas face of ESPN. They were running a poll for which game to broadcast on Thanksgiving weekend 11/27: CGY vs DET or CAR vs ATL. I figure we can screw DET and help Hildymac's Thrashers by stuffing the ballot box here. Let's keep Fuck Detroit from their Euro-Phruit fans. The UK face (hence, English) of ESPN America is here. The poll is towards the bottom of the far-right column. When I voted, it was 78/22 in favor of DET." [ESPN America]
This is what happens when I watch South Park and do the links. You get videos like this. Enjoy.