What a shitty Wednesday. Arrived an hour early for a football game I was covering. The team I cover lost making kids and grown men cry. I had to drive to freaking Iowa to get WiFi and, oh, I got pulled over for doing 35 in a 30 -- even though I though the speed limit was 45. Then the WiFi wouldn't work. Sigh. You know what can make things better? Blues hockey.
- Here's a preview for tonight's tilt between the Calgary Flames and your St. Louis Blues. [Sporting News]
- As Gallagher said: the Danes are coming. Lars Eller will make his debut tonight. Over/under on minutes played set at 5 -- the Cam mark. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- T.J. Oshie is back and, presumably, a few pounds lighter. [Belleville News-Democrat]
- I gotta agree with Bernie, the Blues big names need to step up. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- For the first time in links history, a Today show interview is linked. David Backes teaches Meredith Veira how to play hockey. [Today]
- For more on the Flames go here. [Matchsticks and Gasoline]
- Six games last night means six winners. Find out who by clicking. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Thursday night must be hockey night. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Peter Forsberg might be going to the KHL. [The Denver Post]
- Much ado about blackface. [Puck Daddy]
Once again, it appears sports teams are getting preferential treatment. [TSN]
An OHL player is suspended for the season after a boarding hit. Yowza. [TSN]
Shane O'Brien and Dane Byer received lighter suspensions. They will both miss one game. [TSN]
- Our favorite horse fucker is going to prison. [Associated Press]
- Dodge Viper ... or Daffy Duck?[Buzz Feed]
After getting a ticket tonight, there is only video that sums up how I feel: (Language NSFW)
Note: If you're a cop or friends of a cop, please know I'm just kidding. Another video after the jump.
Maybe, maybe the Blues can play like this tonight.
gametimelinks(at)gmail.com GO BLUES!