There's no links like angry links and I'm plenty pissed off after that effort.
A problem with watching a team like this keep losing is that this team has been built mostly from guys who have worked their way up through our system (Oshie, Jackman, Backes, Jay, Perron, Johnson, Berglund, Polak) or been here long enough to have made their mark on the organization in some way (Walt, McDonald, Boyes, Brewer, Janssen) and been around for some measure of success (or, at least, improvement). Inevitably, something is going to have to be done to turn this around. Changes will need to be made. It'll either come at the expense of some of the players who I've become accustomed to watching and cheering for or at the expense of a head coach who most Blues fans thought deserved the Jack Adams Award at the end of last year. Regardless of the management's decision, it's going to be tough (at least for me) to watch either a coach or players that I've loved watching move on to other hockey opportunities.
Admittedly, doing nothing and keeping the organization "as is" would be even tougher to watch, since it's clear SOMETHING needs to be done.
But you don't come here to read my blabbering commentary. You just want me to give you stuff to click on. With that said, let's get to the links.
- Blues lose. Although Towelie had his attention-display interrupted, so I suppose there's that.
- Luvhockey passes along a good read on our very own Darren Pang.
- Trade(s) in our future? Pleau's on the phone and Armstrong is out seeing a lot of games, accoring to this article.
- WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS? The Post-Dispatch's Water Cooler gang takes a shot at figuring it out.
- With brain injuries and concussions being discussed more and more in the sporting world, get used to seeing plenty of research articles and analysis on what could be done to alleviate the risk of head trauma in the NHL. My request: Just don't ban fighting. That's all I ask.
- USA Hockey announced the 2010 Women's Olympic Team.
- Puck Daddy: Kings trying to be noticed in LA. Good luck with that.
- More Puck Daddy: This one is his write-up on the Minnesota Wild gettin' their shit burnt up. (And a round of applesauce to Perrowned for getting the jump on that story over in the Fanposts)
- Puck Daddy Hat Trick: Jersey Fouls
- Martin Brodeur set the record for most games played in a career for goalies last night.
- Wild/Hurricanes opening the season in Finland next year. Believe it, according to this.
- Friday's Scores.
- Saturday's Slate.
- ESPN has some top 10 lists over the last decade. Top players, picks, late round gems, and more.
- Averagejoe passes along this one: Hoth? More like, Coldth.
- The Morgan Freeman Chain of Command.
- I thought this might have been Carnie's childhood coloring book, but then I noticed a lack of "torn assholes"
Vesa Toskala has another moment to go along with his 190 foot blooper reel goal.
Last night, this atrocity happened.
Averagejoe might be bringing you the links tomorrow. I'm staying in a hotel for a friend's wedding and I'm not sure if it has a wireless connection or not. Either way, you'll get your linkage tomorrow.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com