Watching the game last night, I got an instant message from a friend: "this is why i like this hockey team. we're taking the best team in the NHL to task. we CAN play at this level." I couldn't agree more. This might be my favorite Blues team. To me, this is a playoff team, even if they fall a few points short. Let's get to the links.
- Like Andy Murray, I didn't breathe until Barret Jackman found the empty net.
- Here's the AP writeup. By the way, I love that T.J. Oshie and David Backes had no stats but were the No. 2 and No. 3 stars.
- And ... here is the San Jose Mercury News recap.
- Last night the Fear the Fin crew were awesome. They didn't like losing, though. If you haven't check out the two sites threads.
- Hey you guys remember Eric Brewer? He probably won't be back the rest of the year. Also in this notebook news on Alex Steen and Patrik Berglund. Oh and some draft pick signings ... like Brett Sonne who we told you about last week. You're welcome.
- Here's the team's release on the three signings.
- Jeremey Rutherford chatted yesterday.
- T.J. was loved in college as well.
- Alex Pietrangelo sits down for an interview.
- If you can ignore the creepy picture of Dan Caesar, here's a good read on Kelly Chase.
- Last night's action ... tonight's action ... and the standings. (Blues in 11th, two points out)
- Don't really know who to pull for tonight, the Blues really need all four teams to lose.
- Alex Ovechkin is two goals shy of 50.
- Interesting theory, less fighting will lead to more stickwork.
- I hope big George punches him.
- Martin Brodeur is close to breaking Patrick Roy's wins record.
- Fuck Crosby, Malkin is way more entertaining.
- This list might be revised after losing to the Blues.
- Remember Inspector Gadget? Dr. Claw shows his face.
- The Sears Tower has a new name.
- Aliens are always to blame.
This video is dumb, ugly and stupid. Please watch.
Poor College Student will be taking the day off so I'll be back tomorrow. Until then ...
Please come back later in the day. Brad Lee's got something up his sleeve and its Friday so that means the Hockey Prof. is gonna drop some knowledge on us.