It's Sunday morning and a witty introduction escapes me. Damn the luck
Let's get to the links:
- Chris Mason looks to be hot again at the Worlds
- Remember Lee Stempniak? He scored the only goal as Backes and the Americans lost 4-1 to the Russians.
- Polak's Czech team beat the Slovaks, who were led by Lubos Bartecko, who is apparently still playing.
Caps get the first one on the Pens. Pensburgh reviews the action. Check below for one helluva save.
- Hawks score 6 times (5 with Luongo in net!) to win by 3 goals over Vancouver.
- Sunday's games- Boston/Carolina, and Anaheim/Detroit
- No suspension for the Mike Brown hit that rocked Jiri Hudler's world. Good!
- Alex Ovechkin excited over getting an autographed LeBron James jersey. That puts him one step closer to meeting his "American rapper hero 'Half Dollar' "
- Isles owner Charles Wang (haha) humbly requests a do-over.
- Somehow I whiffed on posting this yesterday: Guy Lafleur's in some hot water.
- There's a Tommy Boy reference in here somewhere: BEES!
- Mine That Bird: Your 2009 Kentucky Derby winner. Now back to not caring about horses for another year.
- The RFJCC song of the day: David Bowie's "Dancing in the Street"
As promised, the save of the playoffs (so far) by Simeon Varlamov.
Dare I say "2003 Giguere-esque"?
Oh, and how long has it been since we've had a bacon reference? Swine flu be damned!
Averagejoe is back for the weekdays. Send your internet finds to gametimelinks (at) gmail.com