As a proud fan of the Blues, all I could think of when the clock finally hit zeroes and the Pens were champs was "We did it! We defeated the devils of Detroit!" Granted, all I did was sit down in a bar and drink. But I still think we all had a hand in Detroit losing.
Let's get to the decidedly upbeat and enthusiastic links
- Photo gallery of JD and scouts prepping for the draft. Doug Armstrong has no need for a laptop.
Pens win! (Puck Daddy)
- Fuck Detroit!
- Join in the fun over at Pensburgh. They're a good bunch, especially because they beat the Wings.
- What 5-0 loss in game 5? I don't remember that. Max Talbot is now among game 7 heroes.
- Osgood won't make excuses, but I imagine we still hate him, anyway.
- The stories of Lord Stanley's Cup might make even the rowdiest fraternity blush.
- In case you really want to rub it into the faces of Wings fans, buy your '09 Pens Championship gear here.
- The boss's boss has his say over at From the Rink.
- In non-cup related news (which means it's Dany Heatley news), Mr. Carrie Underwood (Mike Fisher) is upset with the trade demand.
- Another cup handed out last night, the AHL Calder Cup goes to the Hershey Bears.
- News of Andy Strickland's stupidity reaches as far as California with the Pronger rumors.
- "Susie B" asks "Will dudes wear make-up if they think it will get them blow jobs"? Good question. (By the way, "Butternut" made me laugh)
- Hildymac provides linkage to more unfortunate circumstances for Michigan (besides Marian Hossa eating a giant serving of crow)
- Just in case you ever wondered how a movie Zombie "ticked," a Harvard shrink bothered to investigate.
Just in case you missed it, here's the last minute and the beginning of the celebration. I can only hope this isn't removed by copyright violation by the morning.
Enjoy it. The sky is bluer. The grass is greener. Marian Hossa is still cup-less. All is right in the world.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com