The 2009-10 schedule for the Blues was just released. Home opener (not in Sweden) is Thursday Oct. 8 against that big rival...Atlanta Thrashers?
Some interesting stuff. Look at the breakdown in the jump.
- Only division games in October are in Sweden with Detroit.
- First game against the Blackhawks isn't until December. First home game with Chicago isn't until Jan. 2.
- February has only seven games with the Olympics.
- Final home game is April 9.
- Longest road trip is six games to begin March.
What are you looking forward to? Check the schedule then weigh in down in the comments.
ADDING TO THESE IMPRESSIONS
- The Blues play on back-to-back nights 17 times this season (18 counting the games in Sweden). Thanks, Olympics. (To be fair, this is one less time than last year's 19.)
- They have a home game on New Year's Eve.
- There are six straight home games in November. Hope that doesn't lead to divorce papers in December.
- Because of the two games in Sweden against Detroit, the Red Wings only come to St. Louis twice this season. One of those two nights might be the rowdiest of the season: Saturday night of Thanksgiving weekend.