Losses happen, but do they have to happen to the freaking Blue Jackets? Ugh.
- Nice to see that playing like you don't give a shit isn't just for coaches you want fired. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Chris Mason is a star. Plus, the Blues have a new goalie coach. He comes much cheaper than Ed Belfour who, according to reports asked for one billion dollars to coach the young Blues goalies. [Belleville News-Democrat]
- David Backes is getting famous for beating up Canucks. [Vancouver Now]
- Monday's results. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Lots of games on a Tuesday. Looks like the NHL is packing the schedule up before the Olympic break. [Yahoo! Sports]
- The fine folks at Pension Plan Puppets, and some friends, kicked ass for charity last night. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- SB Nation finally has a team blog for every NHL team. Jewels from the Crown is the new Kings blog. I gotta say, with all the purple and rainbows I wasn't sure I was on a hockey blog. But hey, to each his own. [Jewels from the Crown]
- Patrice Cormier, the captain of Team Canada at the World Junior Championships, likes to hit heads with elbows. This hit is dirty, but the player convulsing on the ice makes it look much worse. [Puck Daddy]
- Penguins assistant coach Mike Yeo is back at practice after being hospitalized earlier this month. [TSN]
- Rick DiPietro pitched a shutout last night, finally earning that contract. [ESPN]
- Mike Richards gets advice from some a media member on how to handle the press. My advice? Be honest, say little. [ESPN]
- Everything you think you know about survival is wrong. [Cracked]
- If you can think of something, you can make a Web site out of it. [Fart Replacement Project]
Remember that crazy bear CGI video from a few months back? The bear is back. And he's flying a jet.
From Doc Whiskey: Mr. T can't act.
And with that, I'm off to bed. gametimelinks(at)gmail.com