I told myself I'd save a chunk of my Xmas and rainy day money to look at getting a Team USA jersey of one of the Blues players. My biggest decision now is who I put on the back: Backes or Johnson?
- As Gallagher points out below, the Blues put Backes and Johnson on the USA roster. I imagine TJ Oshie is a very likely injury replacement if someone gets hurt.
- Goaltending sucks lately, Janssen is angry at Canucks coach Alain Vigneault, and things are looking good for our prospects in the WJHC. Read all about it.
- Check out this Fanpost if you're interested in going to tonight's game and have $30 to spare.
- Speaking of tonight's game, it's Blues/Hawks. Not a whole lot needs to be added to that.
- Puck Daddy has his analysis of Team USA and asks if we're in need of another miracle.
- Miroslav Satan could be coming to a Bruins team near you.
- The full USA roster and schedule.
- Sure, the Blues have had some bad bounces lately (apart from shitty play all around), but at least we haven't seen a hop this wicked. So be grateful, assholes.
- Two scores from games on the the first day of the new year. Both went into OT.
- Russia's coach may tinker with his roster even though it's already announced. The NHL and NHLPA are writing a letter to the IIHF. Apparently, the technology to actually write a letter is still in use.
- Puck Daddy also has your Winter Classic analysis.
- Plenty of games tonight.
- Get your USA Hockey jersey's here. Or somewhere cheaper. I'm sure that someone will find one cheaper online. at some point
- Charizard (Fire type) owns Venomoth (Bug/Poison type). The inner nerd in me is satisfied. Wait, is that a Butterfree?
- Google hates Creed.
- 2000-2009: The Fake Decade.
BluesTiger passes along a funny one for today. I can't remember if this one's been featured in the Morning Links or not so I'm doubling up just to be safe.
And the first Winter Classic fight definitely had a winner.
That's all I've got for today's links. Come back for the GDT.
If you've got an article or a video for the links, send it to gametimelinks (at) gmail.com. Please.