If I were to have a kid right now, there's a good chance his name would be Jaroslav.
- Back-to-back shutouts by Jaroslav Halak? Matt D'Agostini scoring? Thanks, Montreal. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- The Blues' win handed the Predators their first regulation loss of the season. [USA Today]
An ESPN review of the Blues' winning the ESPN Game of the Week. [ESPN]
- The PD Panel weighs in on David Backes and his contract. [Round 2]
- Backes is producing quietly. If he wants a $5 million contract, he's going to have to produce a little more loudly. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- With Roman Polak on the mend and Carlo Colaiacovo getting rocked, the Blues' defensive depth is getting a test. ["Hockey Guy"]
- A column about Halloween and the St. Louis. I hope you find this funny—that was the goal. [SB Nation St Louis]
- Jaro is impressing his teammates. I love how EJ's quote is something that's been said in the GDT like 100 times. [Stu on Sports]
- Ian Cole gets some Hockey News love. [The Hockey News]
- NHL trophy voters love offense in the regular season, but defense in the playoffs. [From the Rink]
- Are the New York Rangers a small-market team? Should they be like the Blues and rebuild, and not reload year after year? Blueshirt Banter takes a look. [Blueshirt Banter]
- Chris Stewart can score against teams other than the Blues. Who knew?[TSN]
- Marian Hossa is going to miss a couple of weeks with an "upper-body" injury. [TSN]
- John MacLean's job is totally safe, says Lou Lamoriello. [TSN]
- Nino Niederreiter is going back to juniors. Thank god, another year I don't have to type that name. [TSN]
- The Penguins have a new alternate jersey for the Winter Classic. [Puck Daddy]
- A website devoted to song covers. [Cover Me]
- The 25 worst ways to die. No. 1? Alone. [UGO.com]
- A blog devoted to people defacing stuff. [defaced.me]
Here's the Jordin Tootoo hit on Carlo Colaiacovo. Looks shady to me.
Welp, that concludes another week of the links. Poor College Student should have the weekend shift. Send him links at gametimelinks(at)gmail.com. Hope everyone has a wonderful Halloween. Stupid holiday.