Quite the stat sheet last night, eh? Goals from Silent Jay McClement, Eric Brewer, Brad Winchester and Vladimir Sobotka—who saw that coming?
- Alex Steen's late goal helped the Blues beat LA. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Erik Johnson will live to fight another day. His right knee is mostly fine. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Andy McDonald you're next on the IR. Congrats! [Blues]
- The Rivermen roster is in just as much flux as the parent club. [PJ Star]
- JR chatted. Read what he has to say. My question to all the people saying Doug Armstrong has to make a move ... who do you trade and what do you look for in return? [JR Live]
- Japers looks at the Capitals, 24/7 (which was awesome) and context. [Japers' Rink]
- You ever notice how good teams rarely have town hall meetings? Speaking of town hall meetings, the Panthers hosted one the other night. [Litter Box Cats]
- Who knew a good power play would stop a losing skid? Everyone. [In Lou We Trust]
- Ever seen 23,000 teddy bears thrown on the ice? Now you have. [Puck Daddy]
- Ryan Kesler has cut down on his trash talk and has started producing more. Not too shabby. [TSN]
- Breaking news: Mike Keenan didn't like a cocky, star player. This time, it was Dion Phaneuf.[TSN]
- Some of the stolen goods from Pat Burns' funeral have been returned. Some, but not all. Dicks. [ESPN]
- Caps coach Bruce Boudreau talks like a GDT a Red Wings goal. His mom doesn't like that. [ESPN]
- Dogs and polar bears are friends? That's so awesome. Even polar bears prefer dogs. [Buzzfeed]
- Confucius really likes puns. Who knew? [theChive]
- There really is not a normal way to pose with a snow dick. You're going to look weird, so just don't pose. Or don't make snow dicks—your choice. [Buzzfeed]
- You know what these current wars are missing? Racist and insane propaganda. [Unreality]
I hate a capella, but I love me some bed intruder song. Damn you, hatrk219 for sending this along!
Important announcement after the jump.
Announcement: Gallagher and Brad will probably have something about this later today, or perhaps even this weekend, but in all likelihood, this will be last links post I do as the regular links guy. My new job has taken over my life and really sapped a big chunk of free time. I'm not leaving the site, however. Brad and Gallagher are going to let me rant a few times a week in column format, so I'll be around plenty. But, I'm pretty sure my days as a link rat are done.
GTHQ is looking for someone to take the Friday, Saturday and Sunday links. PCS is going to work Monday through Thursday. It's a sweet gig and a lot of fun. I'll even teach you the tricks of the trade of the trade and give you access to the email. If you're interested, comment or email gallagher or the links email.
Poor College Student will have you for this weekend. Someone will have the Monday links, but it probably won't be me.
And I'll leave you with a song that has no meaning whatsoever. It's what I do.