I have to take advantage of every opportunity to use that headline. God only knows when I'll get another opportunity.
- Blues win! I thought Masonry might steal one with some added motivation but it looks like the Blues made good use of shots high to the glove side. [Post-Dispatch]
- Hildymac's observations. [Thrashing the Blues]
- Shockingly, the player without numbers on his jersey shown on the JumboTron was not David Backes eating a sammich in the sin bin. [Puck Daddy]
- Jeff Gordon wants more focus on offense as opposed to retaliatory play. I can agree with him to an extent, but the Blues aren't going to be able to play a wide open style where we trade scoring chances thanks to too many fucking injuries and the offensive talent just doesn't stack up against most opponents. The chippy, gritty play will have to continue as the Blues need to outwork and possibly out-agitate their opponents. [Post-Dispatch]
- Adam Cracknell's dad didn't believe him when his son called him about his promotion from Peoria. [Post-Dispatch]
- Gallagher is getting better at using the Facebooks. He passed along this link to a facebook app where you can vote to help the Blues guardian to be unveiled sooner rather than later. As Gravy put it, the Blues guardian "better not suck." [Facebook]
- If you didn't know about the Guardian Project, read up on it. [Guardian Project]
- More holiday fan entries over at Puck Father. Hockey fans are way better at this whole "internet" thing than other fans. [Puck Daddy]
- Shot production and a discussion about quality vs. quantity. [TSN]
- The Bourne Blog looks at players-only meetings. [Puck Daddy]
- More fuel to the "NHL back to ESPN" fire, among other sports TV ponderings. [Sports Business Journal]
- Anybody here ever listen to Barenaked Ladies at all? Steven Page is singing at the Winter Classic. [TSN]
- Don Fehr sat doesn with Canadian ESPN. [TSN]
- UWWildthing exposes ALF as a racist. I knew it. I don't know how but I just fucking knew this was going to happen eventually. [Gawker]
- Cats are good by me, but I don't think they have the same appreciation for forts as dogs do. [Buzzfeed]
- Want to make a horribly offensive Christmas card? This place has you covered with words blacklisted from Google. [Google Black Christmas]
- R2-D2 headphones. Do want. [Buzzfeed]
Healthy Scratch and Ovie want you to quit watching videos and go practice.
That's all that's being shipped out of the Links Factory today.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com