You think a guy like Backes is content to let a loose puck just be picked up by a Preds defenseman and brought back up the ice? Fuck that. He works harder, outskates the d-man, taps home the insurance, and gets rewarded by stopping using the same method I do when I go skating: Running into the boards at full speed. Hail Backes!
- When the Blues win, I'm happy. [Post-Dispatch]
- The NHL has decreed there will be no suspension for Milan Lucic and his punch. [SCoC]
- Video of the incident and Wysh's words are over at the usual place. [Puck Daddy]
- Peter Forsberg: Not coming to a hockey team near you (or anywhere) [TSN]
- The Hawks lose one star forward to injury but get one back from injury. Regardless, the hell with both of 'em. [TSN]
- And Puck Daddy's World Junior primer. [Puck Daddy]
- Last night's scores. [TSN]
- Signs with typos. And a bunch of 'em, too. [DJMick]
- And while I was over there, I found this one: An all-too accurate telling of the life of the snow shoveler. [DJMick]
- Prospect Dept knows he can't be the only one who loves Pearls Before Swine. Enjoy. [Wordpress]
- Kick ass movies to look forward to in 2011. [Ask Men]
Marcus dishes out this YouTube bit, featuring the luckiest of lucky bastards.
It's gonna be a good day, Tater.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com