After all the hype of the two new Toronto acquisitions, Jiggy was certainly made to look human (as any goaltender looks from time to time) and Phaneuf was made to look...just OK. Now that we're done with Toronto for the season, though, I'll pull for them as my Eastern Conference team thanks to the witty bastards over at PPP.
- 4-0 shutout victory. And there was much rejoicing.
- Please welcome Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Fightin' Ovechkins. 7PM on Fox Sports Midwest, but you probably knew that already.
- As of right now, Walt is questionable for the Caps game. We'll see if that changes and keep you updated.
- Brian Burke makes his first comments concerning Brendan's death.
Florida Panthers to their fans: "Yeah, that was our mistake. Do-over?"
- The Olympic Cauldron was supposed to be lit by four pillars. Instead, one pillar malfunctioned, leaving it just short of the Blues goal total from last night.
- Chris Mason gets some Puck Daddy love as the 2nd star.
- Ryan Miller gets all angryfied about the Sabres recent fall from first. Let's hope he doesn't have to get angry about the US team.
- Trades: Matt Cullen goes to the Senators. Silver Seven Super Nintendo Entertainment System analyzes.
- Jody Shelley gets to punch people on Broadway. Fear the Fin reminisces
- And Cam Barker goes to the Wild(s) for Kim Johnsson and a prospect. Second City discusses.
I'm tempted to shoot a bullet out of my "USA" gun, but I'll abstain for now. Enjoy this footage of tonight's probable starting goalie (unless Payne wants to try and ride Mason's shutout, which isn't unheard of) getting into a good ol' goalie scrap back before he did his Lawrence from Office Space impression. Also, enjoy Lawrence from Office Space.
Fuckin' A, man.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com