3 straight wins against a big rival, a new-look team after some wheelin' and dealin', and against the #1 team out East is one helluva way to close out the first "half" (OK, the first "two-thirds") of the season.
- Blues win 4-3 in the "Bettman Memorial Gimmick Spectacular" Shootout. Somebody see if that title has any chance of catching on.
Cam Janssen got his own Puck Daddy feature. That's how you know you've made an impression (rimshot). Petr Prucha's journey into the boards courtesy of James Neal also gets mentioned.
- Olympic break time for the Blues, unless you're Polak, Johnson, or Backes. David Perron will be found somewhere in a Sherbrook rink wearing white skates.
- Luvhockey sends along a tale of Steen and Colaiacovo and how they're happy here.
Pierre LeBrun talks about Childhood Villain Steve Yzerman and his potential as a GM for an NHL team. Ken Holland, your days could be numbered. Puck Daddy talks about Yzerman's press conference on Saturday. He wants to keep NHLers in the Olympics and compares Sidney to MJ. How soon til the Crosby/Ovechkin equivalent of the MJ/Bird McDonald's commercial is made?
- Tomas Holmstrom, Board Certified Ass Monger, hurt his knee on Saturday night and put his Olympic status in jeopardy.
- From the Rink runs down the hockey highlights in the Opening Ceremony.
- No NHL games today. US Women play China today, though.
- 4 points out going into the break.
CCR brings us a mosquito getting knocked the fuck out by a laser. In Slo-Mo
And with the NHL taking a 2 week intermission, I'm going for some Raisinettes. How 'bout you?
Averagejoe returns to link-ify all the way to Friday. Send him whatever you think is funny and/or informative to gametimelinks (at) gmail.com
Stay tuned for Prospect Sundays
Hope you folks enjoyed yourselves. We'll catch you on down the trail.