Holy shit that's a lot of punctuation in one headline.
It's pretty awesome that David Backes plays for my two favorite teams. Holy shit, is that man awesome. If Team America can somehow win a medal, Backes will become a superstar. I've said it before, but hes the total package — smart, well-spoken, good looking, a truculent. I don't know about you, but I'm excited.
- Some people — I like to call them morons — have written off Alex Pietrangelo as a bust. A panel of scouts voted him the best prospect for 2010. [Sporting News]
- The Rivermen are raising ticket prices. [Peoria Journal Star]
Guy Carbonneau has been asked to coach Canada's under-18 team. [TSN]
David Backes news
- Part of me really hopes Backes threatened to break another players back ... again. (Thanks to CCR). [ESPN]
- Backes gives Team America "Skill and Snarl." [Blues]
- David Backes' goal, which I still haven't seen, was deja vu all over again for Erik Johnson. [Puck Daddy]
Team America (Fuck Yeah!) won yesterday. Just to set the record straight, I'm a big fan of international hockey and the Olympic sports without judges, but I also love the NHL. I hate the league shutting down play, especially with the Blues on a hot streak. I'd love for it to be like the NBA — where the best players can play and the season isn't impacted. That said, go Team America!
- Team America 3, Switzerland 1. [ESPN]
- Backes and EJ were two of the best players for the Yanks. Let's go (red, white and) Blues! [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Erik Johnson is living the dream. [Star Tribune]
- The IOC is pretty petty. [Puck Daddy]
Team USA played good enough to win, but can still improve. [NESN]
The Russians beat Latvia 8-2. [Yahoo! Sports]
Text from NatetheGreat. last night: "Team Canada is. Sick." Indeed. The 'Nucks won 8-0 over Norway. [CTV]
Wednesday's hockey: Finland men vs. Belarus. Canadian women vs. Sweden. Sweden men vs Germany. Slovakia women vs. Switzerland and, finally, the Czech Repbublic men vs. Slovakia — I think that game might be fun to watch. [Olympics]
- Not a traditional other link, but a damn good read. Roger Ebert can no longer speak — at least not with his voice — but is pumping out some of the best writing of his life. [Esquire]
- Gary Coleman is a national treasure. [Buzz Feed]
- Pop music is filthy. [Disgusting Lyric of the Day]
It's David Backes day. Here is my favorite Backes video ever, and wouldn't you know it, he's wearing the ole red, white and blue.
In case you were unaware, Backes also kicks ass in the air. "David Backes is officially a G-monster."
More links to come Thursday. There might be something else up later. Or not. Who knows, man. Who really knows.