Team America needs to score at least five goals against the Norwegians.
Blues news/Hockey news
- Julien Sprunger is not fond of David Backes [Slap Shot]
- Jake Allen is the CHL goalie of the week. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is different than being QMJHL goalie of the week? [QMJHL]
- Erik Johnson and Jack Johnson are quite the tandem with an easy nickname. [Washington Examiner]
- David Backes is a Special Olympian ... wait I mean, he's an Olympian who is special. You know what, maybe special is the wrong word to use, eh Gordo? [STLtoday]
- Nikolai Khabibulin likes to drive while intoxicated while rehabbing his bad back. [TSN]
- Wednesday's winners: Finland M (over Belarus), Canada W (over Sweden), Sweden M (over Germany), Swiss W (over Slovakia) and Czech M (over Slovakia).
Thursday's games: US M vs. Norway, US W vs. Finland, Swiss M vs. Canada, China W vs. Russia. Slovakia M vs. Russia. [Olympics]
- The Canadian women are a force. [CTV]
- Your Olympic notes from Day 2 of Olympic hockey. [ESPN]
- Teemu Selanne is now tied for the most Olympic points all time. [ESPN]
- Alex Ovechkin prefers Russian journos over American ones. [ESPN]
- Parking is hard. [Asylum]
- Some old advice for women going on dates ... in 1938. [PBH3]
- Some crazy movie plot lines actually have come true. [Cracked]
If you don't get the headline, enjoy. If you do get the headline, enjoy.
Brad has a GDT set up for USA vs. Norway. Should be fun.