I'm in the process of looking for a flux capacitor and some plutonium just so I can fast forward to Sunday to watch USA vs. Canada. Holy jumpin'!
- The Post-Dispatch tabs Roman Polak as their favorite D-man this year. I can't say I blame 'em. Dude is solid in his own end and can put the puck on net with some pop when needed.
- Bettman discusses NHL participation in 2014.
- TSN has a Trade Deadline Playbook for the Eastern Conference and the Western Conference.
- Even Olympians practice safe sex. Well, they're at least afforded the opportunity to do so.
- Has NBC and/or its affiliates wronged you in someway? Boy, Puck Daddy sure does have a recurring column for you!!
- Canada gets a day off in preparation for the showdown with the Americans.
- The Stastnys (Paul and Peter) reminisce about 1980.
- Science of the Olympic Games: The Slapshot. My guess is RFJCC could teach most of this stuff already.
- Bobby Ryan likes curling. Mike Richards likes the Buck Hunting Arcade Game. There's a Flyers stereotype in there somewhere.
- Midpoint Olympic awards. These cover the entire Games, not just hockey.
- Finland beats Germany. Czech Republic beats Lativa. Sweden avenges Belarus. Scores and standings are here.
- Gift has a link that the folks observing Lent will want to take a look at, unless you want to do cheese pizza or something like that. Friday Night Fish.
- Craigslist is always good for a laugh. This time it's in the form of a question.
- I'm guessing this lady looked up Brittanie Cecil on Wikipedia and figured she could make a fortune on this case.
- Yer doin' it right!
- 5 things that are "pretend news"
In preparing for USA vs. Canada, there's no one I'd rather here from than David Backes
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com