Canada, that was easy to get up for, but Switzerland ... meh. Looks like I have some research to do, and I'll have more time since I took off work to watch this game. I'm ready, are you?
- So it looks like T.J. Oshie finally has conquered his umm and uhhh habit. He seems a little relaxed or something. I wonder what it could be. [Joe Sports Fan]
- Dave Checketts hasn't quit on the Rams. [St. Louis Business Journal]
- The NHLPA has made nice with Paul Kelly. [TSN]
- Switzerland beats Belarus 3-2 to advance to face the Americans. [ESPN]
- Team USA is not looking past Switzerland. [KC Star]
Team America wasn't supposed to be this good, this soon. [Detroit News]
Ryan Miller has to stand on his head ... again. [USA Today]
- The Czechs beat Latvia ... barely. [CTV]
- Canada took out its anger on the poor, poor Germans. [CTV]
- Maybe Germany should not play hockey. [Behind the Net]
- Hey west coast folks, hope you like tape delay. [SB Nation]
- Former Blue Lubos Bartecko had to leave the Olympic ice on a stretcher. Not good times. [Puck Daddy]
- I don't really enjoy telling kids they suck, but holy hell do these kids suck. They are the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked. (Note: Please watch until at least 1:20 to see the group kicking.) [Liquid Generation]
- Blaxploitation quotes translated for whitey. [Holy Taco]
- It's nice to know that I'm not alone in my hatred for chatting on the phone. [The Oatmeal]
Looking for America videos, I came across Miley Cyrus's "Party in the USA." Needless to say, I couldn't live with myself for linking Miley Cyrus. Then I remembered my favorite mashup and well, Party and Bullshit, son.
Hey guess who Team America is playing today?
Game on at 2 p.m. today. I'll be there, will you? Rock, flag and eagle everyone.