Hope the laser-toting Canuck fan is in the crowd today. USA! USA! USA!
I know when this happened, the Americans lost, but I just want to see David Backes destroy someone again.
- David Backes, like an elephant, doesn't forget. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Noted Finn (not a Swede, Brad) Jarmo Kekalainen will be doing TV for today's game. He will be rooting for the Blues he says. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- The Blues are getting back to work. [Belleville News-Democrat]
- The Flame have resigned Rene Bourgue. [TSN]
- Cal Clutterbuck has a new 3-year deal. [TSN]
- USA vs. Finland and Canada vs Slovakia. Let's get it on. [CTV]
- It's the Young Yanks vs. the Old Finns. [WSJ]
- Scott Burnside says Team USA is extra douchey -- I mean, he said they are like Ryan Kesler. [ESPN]
- According to Jim Johannson, Team American and Finland play very similar style. [USA Today]
- A look at the four remaining countries' chances at winning gold. [Behind the Net]
- Craig Custance has no need for today's games, he's already peering into the future. [MSNBC]
- Canada women beat the USA 2-0 on Thursday night. We're No. 2! [ESPN]
- The IOC doesn't like people celebrations with booze and cigars. If you can't celebrate by getting drunk, how can you celebrate? [ESPN]
- Hey look, the head of the IOC says women's hockey needs to be more competitive if it wants to stay in the games. [Vancouver Sun]
- This guy quit his job in an awesome way. [The Something Awful Forums]
- Infinite photos are crazy. [Unreality]
- How to keep old people safe online. [Uproxx]
- Some people like to complain about their shitty jobs online. Beats working, I guess. [Please Fire Me]
I spent an hour trying to find a video of Homer doing the USA chant. Alas, I could not. Instead, you'll have to settle for Rocky, the ultimate underdog, kicking some ass. USA! USA!
That's it for me today. Poor College Student has the weekend shift. gametimelinks(at)gmail.com