Holy crap, that was a quarter of an inch from being a chance (albeit a small one) at a USA/ Slovakia final! Of course, the Mighty Ducks movie taught me that a quarter of an inch the other way misses entirely.
Instead, we get the chance to prove that we are, indeed, THE supreme power in international hockey against Canada. Oh well, somehow we'll manage.
- Season ticket prices go up. I remember reading somewhere that Gift was not renewing if they raised prices .01 cent.
Team USA News:
- Blues88 passes along word that our Johnson is huge, even on Team America.
- In case you hadn't heard, it's USA/Canada in the gold medal game. HOLY JUMPIN'!
- More NBC (affiliate) failure. That wasn't the actual Ryan Miller guaranteeing gold.
- Doug Wickenheiser's cousin, Hayley, says "Get real..." regarding the Canadian Women's Team's Gold medal victory celebration. Frankly, that's all the explanation I need.
- Pavol missed it by THAAAAT much. Canada/Slovakia recap.
- Assassins be trippin'
- Apolo Ohno be trippin'
- Real or not, I'll take this Twitter account over The Tonight Show with Jay Leno any day of the week.
- Badass soldiers. They can take a T-1000 any day of the week.
First, a brief message on Canada from Peter Griffin, via Averagejoe
And I have but one question to ask Team Canada: "You gonna fuck on meeeEEEEHHH?!?!?!"
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com