On Feb. 28, 1960, exactly 50 years ago if you don't have a calendar handy, Team America won it's first hockey gold medal. Twenty years later, the States got No. 2. Let's hope No. 3 comes today.
- Keith Tkachuk picked an odd time to have pinkie surgery. [Belleville News-Democrat]
- Alex Auld is going to the Rangers. [ESPN]
- The KHL has its eye on Ilya Kovalchuk. [ESPN]
- I shouldn't have smiled when I read that Kirk Maltby will be out 4-to-6 weeks, but I did. [TSN]
- Everyone knows about the 1980 Miracle, but more people should know about 1960. [Forgotten Miracle]
- The keys to the gold medal game. I think the biggest one here, is scoring first. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Despite being the home team thanks to the No. 1 seed, the States are ready for a hostile crowd. [Philadelphia Inquirer]
- Thirty years ago, Bob Suter won Olympic gold. Today his son, Ryan, will try and do the same. [The News-Press]
- The Leafs, despite being a very Canadian team, are led by some key members of Team USA. Hope the fans give them a rousing reception when they return to T-Dot with gold. [Toronto Sun]
- The US players were supposed to be flying out of Canada before the gold medal game. Whoops. [Puck Daddy]
- Canada and US: The Battle for the WORLD! [Bloomberg]
- The goalies, Roberto Luongo and Ryan Miller, both have a label of having never won anything. That's about to change. [The Star]
- Mike Babcock, who I hated before this tournament, is calling this the rubber match since the US won the world juniors and Canada won the women's gold. [CTV]
- Some people have odd neighbors. Mostly Southern people. [Neighbor Circus]
- Defaced money is good money. [Flickr]
- Hey Chris in St. Louis, your girlfriend is cheating on you. [Reddit]
You knew this was coming.
More after the jump.Team America: Fuck Yeah. Yes, again.
David Backes is gonna throw his mighty shield on some Canadians.
If the kids can do, the big boys can do. (Goodnesss starts at 4:30).
Let's give Canada something to cry aboot.
Last one from uiwwildthing: Who do you play for?
gametimelinks(at)gmail.com PCS has Monday as per our trade agreement. GO USA!