If the Rangers never the Stanley Cup in 1994, it's hard to believe that Mike Keenan would've left New York for St. Louis. Fucking Rangers.
- As mentioned before, David Backes is a full-time alternate captain. [Belleville News Democrat]
- David Backes is honored to be among the letter people. [Blues]
- Love him or hate him, you gotta agree with Bernie: the Blues are a tease who constantly make fans wait until next year. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- The Blues say they haven't quit. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Blues vs. Rangers tonight in the Large Fruit. [Sporting News]
- David Perron kinda makes Gallagher's point: "You never know," forward David Perron said. "How many games we got left? If we win them all. ... We did that last year, and we're ready to do it again this year." [USA Today]
- Wednesday's games: We wanted: Colorado over Calgary and Chicago over Anaheim. We got Anaheim over Chicago and Calgary over Colorado. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Thursday's games. What we want: St. Louis over NYR, Nashville over Minnesota and Philly over Dallas. [Yahoo Sports]
- Fear the Fin takes the East out of the equation and looks at how the Western Conference playoff teams fared against each other. Note: The Blues aren't including as a potential playoff teams. [Fear the Fin]
- This post argues that Colorado may not be as good as its record indicates. I disagree, the Avs are the best team in the NHL. [Behind the Net]
- Gonna have to disagree with this list. How can you rank Least Valuable Players and not include Darryl Sydor? [On the Forecheck]
- It's official: the Blackhawks are cursed. [Puck Daddy]
- Colin Campbell, the keeper of the NHL wheel of justice, talks head shots. [TSN]
- Speaking of Campbell, he'll be watching the Penguins/Bruins game in person. [TSN]
- Some members of the NHLPA want Don Fehr to become the next executive director. [TSN]
- From Gallagher: A site he calls one of the biggest time-wasters on the net — in a good way. I have to agree. [Vice Magazine]
- This meme is a little odd, but some of these made me laugh. [Regretful Morning]
- Thirsty? Have some back vodka. [Bakon Vodka]
- From Matt Sebek himself: The Joe Sports Fan show, episode three. Some local bloggers are doing a weekly local video show. I've been watching since the Pat Jablonski episode, and you should as well. [Joe Sports Fan]
T.J. Oshie does what he does best ... and I don't mean leaving his feet.
Blues are back in New York. Hope you don't get kidney stones again, Nate.