Intro blurbs are for suckers.
Backes won't be representing the USA at the upcoming World Championships. Sound reasoning, if it might be the reason for his slow starts in the regular season.
- An NHL Mad Lib: (Hockey Player) might face suspension after a potential (questionable/dirty/late) hit in last night's action. In this case, the player is Marian Hossa.
- San Jose advances. How often do you get to read that? Mile High Hockey recaps.
- The Penguins are also moving on. Silver Seven Sens and Pensburgh do their thing. The Bruins/Penguins matchup is closer and closer to happening.
- Predators allow the tying goal in the dying seconds of the third and go on to lose in OT to the Hawks. No one in the St Louis metro area knows what blowing a 3rd period lead is like, I'm sure. On the Forecheck and Second City blog all about it.
- Brad Richards goes under the knife.
- The Bruins had to write an actual letter (on paper and everything) to help get Chara off the hook.
- Cracked looks at common mistakes of women using the internet.
- Don't talk to aliens, unless they offer you candy or a ride.
- The odd clauses you can find in sports contracts are some truly baffling stuff. These examples come from baseball, but I'm sure there are plenty of examples of this sort of stuff in the NHL.
Clark sends along this video. All I can say is...damn, that's a lotta money spent on coke.
Clark writes: And yes, that is the song that Sir Mix-a-lot sampled for "Jump On It."
Weekday Dad is back on Monday. Until then, enjoy Prospect Sundays.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com