Doing links for a weekday. I wonder if this is how Averagejoe feels all the time.
Bastard Russians (Datsyuk) cruise past Denmark (Eller).
- Jaroslav Halak is human! Chased in the 2nd as the Flyers cruise to a win in the opener. Broad Street summarizes.
- Glen Metropolit once skated for both the Flyers and the Canadiens in the same day. He must've been tired.
- Chicago rode 44 saves from Antti Niemi to a road victory in game 1. Second City and Fear the Fin both have their say.
- This Black Hawks penalty box mix-up is brought to you by the numbers 36 and 32.
- It looks like Nicklas Backstrom will be staying in Washington for a while. At least that's what ESPN gathers.
- Video game fans, your favorite character with a gun for a hand now has a 90 minute fan fiction film. More power to you if you make it all the way through.
- Typos: They can be a real bitch.
- An astronaut is skipping his honeymoon to go on a 18 month pretend Mars mission. The only time I went on a pretend mission to Mars was when I was too "sick" to go to class.
Fast snowballs. Slow children
And that's the way it was. Averagejoe is back for the regular weekday shift as normal tomorrow.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com