What's this? Actual good news? Awesome. I always liked the dude. In my life, I haven't been to many Blues games — only a handful — but I was in the crowd when he potted four goals for his first-ever hat trick. It was awesome.
- Scott Mellanby already lives in St. Louis, it just makes sense to have him working for the Blues. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- CTV says Mellanby is dumping the Canucks. I wonder how they took it. You think they're listening to emo music and writing poetry? [CTV]
- Jori Lehtera is going to the KHL, but he's got a deal with the Blues. [OurSorts Central]
- Some (most) Blues fans aren't happy with the Cup finals. [St. Louis Globe-Democrat]
- Game 3 tonight. [ESPN]
- Nicklas Lidstrom is returning to the Wings. He's 40, but somehow this means the Wings will have one more Cup run. [Winging it in Motown]
- The Penguins need toilet flushers. [PensBurgh]
- Bill Daly, the NHL deputy commissioner — the Barney Fife to Gary Bettman's Andy Taylor, if only Andy were legally retarded — says don't expect the NHL to return to Hartford. [TSN]
- The Oilers signed Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson. I want his jersey. [TSN]
- Ben Eager is not fond of Chris Pronger and his puck stealing. [TSN]
- Taylor Hall is No. 1, Tyler Seguin is No. 2. The player the Blues will draft will probably be in the mid-50s so Jarmo can go out with a bang. [TSN]
- Teams have talked to the Leafs about acquiring Tomas Kaberle. You mean GM's have asked about the availability of a good player on the trading block? Shocking. [TSN]
- The oil spill in the Gulf has claimed another victim. [The High Definite]
- A collection of famous conflicts, illustrated. [GREAT SHOWDOWNS]
- The Wikipedia Game is way too much fun. You try to get from one wiki page to another in the fewest clicks. It's way cooler than it sounds. I think. I may just be a nerd. [The Wikipedia Game]
This man may be the greatest drummer to ever live.
Next we a video from Donut King about the "joys" of summer.
That's it for me today. gametimelinks(at)gmail.com