And that's no slight to Jarmo at all. Gathering what JD said concerning the trade to acquire Tarasenko, the new GM seems to be sliding in just at the right time for the Blues to be start making moves to address holes by spending the surplus of prospects where applicable.
These gutsy moves to improve the team both short and long term will certainly be fun to watch.
- All manner of review will be coming from the Prospect Department concerning the Blues two 1st round picks (and others). Until then, these two articles from the Post-Dispatch and the Globe-Democrat will do.
- Jarmo gets his legacy analyzed by the Post's writers.
Silver Seven Sens takes a look at their new toy in David Rundblad.
- Now that Hall and Seguin have finally been selected with the first two picks, the comparisons and rivalry will stop. Yep, they'll never be compared again.
- Since All-Name Team memeber Nino Niederreiter was going to be long gone by the time the Blues were up, I'm glad to see the Swiss player go to our buddy Dominik's team, the New York Islanders.
- The Bruins welcome back Mark Recchi for another year.
- Other draft day trades abound and none involve Tomas Kaberle (yet).
- Dan Hamhuis('s rights) dealt to Pittsburgh after being traded to Philly not too long ago. Broad Street and Pensburgh have to be thrilled their teams are getting together.
- Keith Ballard and his goalie whacking tendency is headed to Vancouver for Steve Bernier (The "Fuck you" retaliatory RFA offer when the 'Nucks tendered an offer to Backes. Assholes), a 1st rounder, and Mikael Grabner. At Nucks Misconduct, the reaction is mixed. Personally, I think Vancouver overpaid.
- And if no clear winner emerges from these trades, a potato sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion is crowned.
- I bet they hand out Vuvuzelas at the front door to hell. Fun fact: If you're watching a recently uploaded video on YouTube, the little soccer ball icon lets you add on a relaxing vuvuzela track on top of it.
- Bionic cat. Yep, bionic fuckin' cat.
- Sure, it's in Michigan, but it's BACON CAMP!
- Playboy is in talks with Justin Bieber's mom. I suppose even being the parent of a YouTube celeb gets you attention. What the hell happens to this kid (and the family attached to him) when his voice changes? Schrutebucks to you if you still have no idea who Justin Bieber is.
This video was posted in the comments by a former NASCAR driver, unless he's still driving. I have no clue.
Get to know your picks! Here's some moves by Jaden Schwartz.
Vladimir Tarasenko. Enjoy.
Now I'm off to find some way to balance keeping up with the rest of the draft, the USA game against Ghana, AND go to a wedding at 2. Ludicrous speed, GO!
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com if you have a link or video to share with the rest of the class.