Or maybe he steps up and takes #7 like he wore at NoDak.
Links are going in the can a little earlier than usual. If something happens around the 10PM hour on Friday, post it in the comments.
- NHL.com has the Fight of the Year: Janssen vs. Lablond.
- You heard it here first: Jeremy Rutherford says he "doesn't think" Silent Jay will go back to #9
ifwhen Paul Kariya doesn't come back, via Twitter.
- The CHL's new regular season and playoff format has 18 teams playing 66 regular season games to determine playoff positions for the top 16. That's right, only 2 teams don't make it in.
- The hockey overlord for SBNation passes along this beauty concerning the potential arbitration case for Antti Niemi. There's a joke about his glove not fitting in there somewhere.
- For sale: One Kevin Bieksa. Someone tweeted that a radio station somewhere said he was headed to Columbus for a 2nd rounder and a prospect. Y'see people...this is how rumors get started.
- The Canadiens' website talked to Lars, who likes his Armageddon. On a side note, how dare anyone think about killing Bruce Willis, in a movie or otherwise?
- Lee Stempniak, who's still a free agent, talked with Pierre LeBrun.
- Dmitri Chesnokov, Puck Daddy's Russian guy, talked with former Islander Alexei Yashin. He might return to being an overpaid Islander for the next season. Also, Puck Comrade
- The voicemail greeting is now diamonds!
- Jack Osbourne: Your #1 source for Mel Gibson tribute tees.
- Pennies: Good for flattening on train tracks and pissing off your government
Spectr17 has the video for today, explaining the origins of the vuvuzela. Oddly enough, this guy sounds like Jacob Silj, noted sufferer of Voice Immodulation
And boom goes the dynamite.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com