When the only news for the local team is about a figure-skating ex-enforcer, you know it's the dog days of summer.
- Kelly Chase is blogging about figure skating. I'll take sentences I never thought I'd write for $500, Alex. [Blues]
- The NHL may, although probably won't, return to ESPN. [Blueshirt Banter]
- WIM looks at the Nashville problem — and it's not the Predators or country music. [Winging It In Motown]
- Alex Ponikarovsky is the newest King. [TSN]
- Maxime Talbot thinks Alex Ovechkin is a real douche. [TSN]
- The Penguins and Capitals kicked off the hype for the Winter Classic on Tuesday. [TSN]
- Ice Edge's purchase of the Coyotes may be in trouble. Is it? Not sure. I stopped caring about this story last July. [TSN]
- Ever wondered how long it would take you swim from Alcatraz to land? There's a website for that. [Alcatraz Swim-o-Meter]
- Some pretty sweet pics of a pilot making a good call and ejecting from his plane. [theBRIGADE]
- If you've seen "Inception," you may find this funny. If you haven't go see the movie. [Geekosystem]
Reason No. 1231 why dogs are better than cats.
Ryan passes along the best soccer goal celebration of all time.
More stuff later today, but not from me.