The links have returned from a not-relaxing-enough holiday weekend. Hope everyone had a good Fourth (and Fifth). Now let's get back to the world of links.
- Carlo Colaiacovo will be back for 2010-11. His new deal is perfect — he's getting paid a fair amount for a short period of time. Hopefully, he's motivated by the short deal to play his ass off to earn a new fat deal, and hopefully by the time the deal is up, the pipeline will have replaced him. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Bob Probert died at 45. I was surprised that I was shocked by this news. [ESPN]
- Habs Eyes on the Prize has a story about meeting the now-late Bob Probert. Thankfully, the story of the meeting happened before Probert passed and we don't have a Zombie Probert on the loose. [Habs Eyes on the Prize]
- Quisp from Jewels From the Crown has the best idea for what to do with Ilya Kovachuk. [Jewels From The Crown]
- Ilya Kovalchuk is probably going to sign with the Devils. Maybe. [TSN]
- The Red Wings are really trying to get Mike Modano. This is a guy who admits the game is too fast for him, but hey go nuts Detroit. [ESPN]
- Taylor Hall is now rich so woman officially have one reason to sleep with him. [ESPN]
- Sheldon Souray was put on waivers. He has cleared waivers. [ESPN]
- Jacques Demers, the illiterate former NHL coach and current Canadian Senator, is in the hospital. [TSN]
- The best fake headlines from media and TV. [Pleated Jeans]
- Figure out how many Shaq's you are. [Calculate Your Shaqtion]
- Inflatable swimwear might be the greatest invention ever. [Neat O Rama]
- I can't grow facial hair, and it's probably for the best. I know I'd look like some evil dictator. [PopCrunch]
- From Busch Ice: Donut King needs to consult his lawyer for improper image usage. [Buttersafe]
From Childhood Trauma: How do you make something good better? Add a lightsaber.
Milo continues the video theme of mashups that make the nerd in me smile.
Star Trek AND Star Wars in the same day? Can you do that? Not sure, but I just did.