It may only be August, but the start of single game ticket sales always sends a clear signal that it's getting closer and closer to the start of hockey. It's not too different from seeing that first "Back to School Sale" advertisement, except that hockey is something we can all agree on. OK, bad analogy there.
- Just in case you didn't know already, single game tickets are on sale at 10AM exclusively at the Drinkscotch box office
- And if you're going to make it to one game, why not make it the season opener? 1) It's the season opener. 2) Pre-game unveiling of Brett Hull (Oh, please showcase the younger mulleted Hull!!) statue. 3) Return of former Blues Chris Pronger, Matt Walker, and Ian Laperriere along with one of my favorite non-Blues, Mike LEADERSHIP!!!one!! Richards. 4) And perhaps most of all, the biggest off-season acquisition, twineminder Jaroslav Halak, makes his Blues debut.
- Back our SBNation friends up north at Pension Plan Puppets as they battle the sinister forces of evil at the Toronto Sun in a good ol' plagiarism dispute.
- Capitals forward Alex Semin is fine after being involved in a car accident. No report on whether or not he expressed road rage by playing the bongos on the others involved.
- Never ever pass up new Down Goes Brown. This one takes a gander at the RDO camp.
- If you aren't already, you should honestly get on Twitter. You don't even have to tweet. The benefit lies in having a plethora of stories, opinions, and such in a very condensed format that eliminates quite a bit of what I'm calling the "bullshit" factor. Puck Daddy's weekly article, "Trending Topics," looks at what goes on in the wonderful world of Twitter.
- Just when you thought you couldn't get away from Tomas Kaberle news...according to Mr. Kaberle (Tomas's Dad), the Leafs defenseman may still be traded and will not re-sign so long as Ron Wilson stays there.
- That's one damn useful highway sign.
- Cracked sometimes ruins things for me, like movie plots.
- And what would happen in a zombie attack. Damn your logic, Cracked!
- Enjoy the moon while we have it. Astronomers say it's been left in the drier too long and is starting to shrink.
Haveblue sends along an Inception parody that makes the grade for Game Time.
"Inebriation." This already takes me back to that tall boy Schlitz that somehow found its way into my hand at Gallagher's.
If you made the trek downtown to pick up some tickets, let us know how you fared.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com