Today I "celebrate" a quarter-century of life. Yay? I would call this my Pascal Rheaume birthday, but I don't want it to suck. But enough about me, let's get to the links.
- A Blues app is coming from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Roger Hensley predicts it will be a huge success. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- I miss Eric Brewer and four other reasons I want hockey to start now. [SBNSTL]
- David Spina, who potted eight goals and had six dimes in 18 games against Peoria last season, has been been signed by the organization. You know what they say, if you can beat them, join them. [PJ Star]
Jeremy Rutherford chatted. [JR Live]
- Donald Fehr isn't offically the guy who will ruin the NHL. [TSN]
- The Penguins have no use for the 39-year-old Bill Guerin. He scored 21 goals last year, but he's old. I'd rather sign a guy who might be on the rise, not on the decline (like a Lee Stempniak). [TSN]
- Ilya Kovalchuk has given the league 48 hours to let them know what contract is acceptable. [TSN]
- The big story among hockey bloggers was this: The NHL wants bloggers banned from visiting teams locker rooms. Basically bloggers are upset because they're super serious now and want to be treated as equals to someone who has spent his/her entire life devoted to journalism. If I feel up to, I may write about this later today. [Puck Daddy]
- Rational Wild bloggers compare hockey bloggers being separated from professional media to the Jim Crow Laws. Seriously. [Hockey Wilderness]
- PPP gets it. [Pension Plan Puppets]
- WIM raises an interesting question: Although agreed upon in the CBA, why does the NHL allow the Blackhawks to stash Cristobal Huet in another league while the Devils can't pay Ilya Kovalchuk for years he may not play. Both are trying to circumvent the cap, no? [Winging It In Motown]
- The Blue Jackets need a first-line center. Desperately. [Jackets Cannon]
- Maverides passes along the birthday gift I didn't know I wanted: Stay puft marshmallows. [ThinkGeek]
- From CCR: Detroit sucks. [Wallet Pop]
- Ever wondered how to make moonshine? Wonder no more.
Ever wondered how to make moonshine? Wonder no more.
- Will Forte, one of my favorites on SNL, is leaving the show. Here are some reason why I enjoyed MacGruber (Seriously, my second-favorite movie this year. Great flick). [Guyism]
Dan sent me some videos on Tuesday, but I just found them today. Damn spam folder. Anyway this song is perfect for our Friday theme around here. It's catchy and borderline safe for work.
It's my birthday, so I hope I don't have to use my AK today. Maybe I'll go play some basketball and get a triple-double.
That's it for the weekday shift. Poor College Student has the weekend shift. Send him links to gametimelinks(at)gmail.com