Some people may disagree on the awesomeness of Friday, but I think we can all agree Monday's suck. Oh well, back to the grind.
- After a poor showing last season, Patrik Berglund is working hard to improve this year. He's still young, but I think 2010-11 might be a make-or-break year for him. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Defending Big D picks the Top 5 NHL jerseys. Spoiler alert: The Blues "alternate" that the team wears way too much is on the list. [Defending Big D]
- Copper and Blue looks at faceoffs. [The Copper & Blue]
- Ryan Lambert covers twitter, and the blogger/access kerfufle. He pretty much echos my thoughts. Teams are wrong to have blanket statements to ban websites. However any hack with a url shouldn't expect access. As a journalist, I have to work my way up to bigger assignments. Bloggers should do the same thing. Longevity, ability, and yes readership should go into account when credentialing blog. Teams shouldn't ban websites, but all blogs shouldn't be given access. [Puck Daddy]
- Lee Stempniak is staying in Arizona. The Coyotes got a freaking steal with a two-year deal for Dutchie. [TSN]
- Speaking of Phoenix, things still suck there as far as ownership and whatnot. [ESPN]
- Sam Gagner gets the David Perron "prove it" two-year deal.[TSN]
- Never doubt mans ability to deep fry anything. Like beer. Yes, deep-fried beer pockets exist. [Geekologie]
- Fart jokes were funny when I was 5 and are funny at 25. [BottomRocket]
- Life is full of options. Let the internet help you decide what to do today. [What Could I Do Today?]
From Andy: A classic horse race call. I have a feeling some of the ladies might enjoy this.
Inspired by Dan, I give you Alex Steen's theme song.