The whole "A" means "Alternate" and not "Assistant" Captain argument doesn't mean a whole lot anymore. Both are used interchangeably. I was raised on "Alternate" but if it doesn't change one damn thing about the responsibilities of those bearing the "A," does it really matter? I think not.
- Letters were issued the other day. You know this by now. All hail Glorious Leaders Brewer, Jackman, Backes, Johnson, and Steen!
- Decent looking bar waitresses in Hawks dresses. All this and more in Puck Daddy's Jersey Fouls.
- Byfuglien will go from invading the opponent's crease to clearing people from his own. He's switching back to D, for now.
- More Puck Padre: Taylor Hall takes up the #4 for the Oil. Penny for your thoughts, Kevin Lowe fanatics?
- Martin Hanzal, a player that Five For Howling describes as "a beast of a defensive forward," is no Jay McClement when it comes to shutting down opponent's offense and then shutting up (in general) about it. He's re-signed with Phoenix for two years.
- Marginally decent 2 time Stanley Cup Winner Ruslan Fedotenko is riding the "2 Time Stanley Cup Winner" part of his resume all the way to a tryout with the Rangers.
- Now this is a gym workout I can endorse.
- I'll disagree with Cracked.com on this one. Aliens did not win in Independence Day. Randy Quaid won in Independence Day.
- Fuck you scientists! You dumb sons of bitches, this is how Skynet became self-aware.
Baroose (via Kyrilin) has our hockey fix to tide us over until the real thing hits.
I've got a couple other links on ice for tomorrow so make sure you check out what the other GT regulars sent in.
Gametimelinks (at) gmail.com
9/11/01. Just take a minute and appreciate what you have and what others have gone through and/or sacrificed to preserve that.