Lotta links today. Gotta love hockey season.
- Davis Payne is ready to make the Blues his team. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Ian Cole is trying to fill one of the open defense spots. [BND]
- Matt D'Agostini, Cam Janssen, Stefan Della Rovere scored goals in the Saturday scrimmage. Also, Ian Cole has a pretty sweet quote about getting leveled. [Morning Skate]
- Cross this one of your preseason story list: Brad Boyes is trying to rebound from an awful year. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- The Blues are going young this season. Just like they have been for the last few seasons. [SI.com]
- David Backes is OK with mocking T.J. Oshie and David Perron in that stupid commercial. [BND]
- Want to know what's not one of Dan Ellis's many problems? Mike Smith. [ESPN]
- Steve Yzerman is adapting to not being associated with the Winged Wheel. [ESPN]
- Hey look, an old guy and a young guy are competing for a roster spot in camp. That never happens. [TSN]
- Senators d-man Flilip Kuba is going to miss 5-6 weeks with a broken leg. [TSN]
- With Marc Savard still dealing with head ouchies, Tyler Seguin is moving back to center. [TSN]
- CrankTexts are like crank calls for the 21st century. [CrankTexts.com]
- The year 2010 has already produced 22 dumb criminals. [TruTV]
- Remember Traper Keepers? Those were awesome. (Not really, I barely remember them. Now Five Stars, that's where it was at. Who's with me?) [EgoTV]
I want this Brad Boyes to return. You know, the one who was good enough to be in national TV ads.