What a Sunday, eh? Rams win, Cardinals win and the Blues win. St. Louis sports are back! Except, you know, the Cards are out of the playoffs, the Rams still are "rebuilding" and the Blues win doesn't count.
- Ben Bishop to play awesome in the preseason, immediately after the Blues trade for (and sign) a 25-year-old goalie. Couldn't have done this last year, eh Bish? By the way, Blues beat the Avalanche 2-0. [The AP]
- Puck Daddy previews the Blues. Nice to see the Ty Conklin stache again. [Puck Daddy]
- In case you missed, Brad previewed the Blues season. It's awesome. And I'm not just saying that because he used my Alex Steen joke. [St. Louis Game Time]
- The first cut may be the deepest for the Blues. The roster was 51, it's now 37. Not really any surprises on the list. [Morning Skate]
- If you go to the Jan. 15 Rivermen game, you could get a Jim Thome bobblehead.[PJ Star]
- Ander Eriksson and former Blues Dean McAmmond and Manny Legace and others have been invited to Islanders camp. Dom just can't catch a break. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- Jonathan Cheechoo has been dropped by the Stars. How far he has fallen, eh?[Defending Big D]
- Mathieu Dandenault is retiring. I had no idea he was still playing. [TSN]
- Sergei Samsonov of the Hurricanes was taken off the ice on a stretcher, but he does have feeling in his limbs. [ESPN]
- Alex Trebek is awesome. [Ask Men]
- I support this message. Don't support a man who names his abs. [America is Retarded.com]
- The best bear-related headlines ever written. [Buzzfeed]
From Carnie: The dentist's office fucks you up. Side note: Is mom taping and driving? That's solid parenting.