Hopefully typo-free today. Probably not, though. Deal with it.
- The Blues open the season against the Philadelphia Flyers at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 9. Apparently, the Blues and Flyers used to be old rivals. I expect this article will lead to Spectre Story Time in the comments, which will be awesome. [Blues]
- From HealthyScratch: A list of the greatest players by number. Blues on the list: John Davidson, Brett Hull, Pavol Demitra, Chris Pronger, Chris Mason, Scott Young, T.J. Oshie. [SI.com]
- Eric Brewer is healthy and ready to play. Barret Jackman addresses the leadership issue once again and my eyes started to bleed because I seriously can't take reading one more word about a stupid letter. [BND]
- The Blues are playing the Blackhawks tonight in a preseason game. Calling the Blackhawks the defending Stanley Cup champion is a little bit of a lie since half the team is in Atlanta. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Carlo Colaiacovo and Andy McDonald are both having hip issues. [St. Louis Post-Dispatch]
- Jeremy Rutherford's weekly chat is today. [JR Live]
- Red Wings' fans are not handling the aging process well at all. Nick Lidstrom is 40 and has lost a step, but don't you dare suggest he can't win the Norris. Never mind that Shea Weber, Zdeno Chara, Drew Doughty and a host of others are better, he deserves the Norris based on merit, dammit. [Winging It In Motown]
- From the Rink builds a team strictly based on character guys. You know Paul Bissonette has a roster spot. [From the Rink]
- Brian Gionta is the newest Captain of the Montreal Canadiens. An American leading the Canadiens? Awkward. [TSN]
- Hockey's ugliest man, Olli Jokinen, is injured. [TSN]
- The Washington Capitals are paying Michael Nylander to play for another team. The Caps have loaned Nylander to the Florida Panthers, who will send him to the AHL. [TSN]
- Eleven players were put on waivers on Wednesday. Among them? Dancing Steve Wagner. [TSN]
- The KHL makes good commercials. However, when you're selling Petr Cajanek as a "star", your team sucks. [Puck Daddy]
- Carnie shares why college media is awesome: Reports on double rainbows. She also wants us to know, she was there. [Central Michigan Life]
- Comedian Greg Giraldo died yesterday after a drug overdose. Here's some highlights of this funny dude's' career. [Film Drunk]
- An ad-blocking program that lets you shoot ads with a little spaceship. A lot of fun. [Kick Ass]
- Some funny pictures. I don't really need to set it up any more than that. Look, laugh and then get back to work. [Banned In Hollywood]
Carnie wants to teach everyone a new dance dance move.
That's it for today from the Links Dept. If you find something you want to share with the rest of the class, send it to gametimelinks[at]gmail.com.