Judging by the amount of people at supermarkets and stores, no one has 2 days of food or clothes. Hoard stuff accordingly as Snowmageddon takes grip on the area.
- No deal yet, but the Blues' higher-ups still say it'll get done. [Post-Dispatch]
- Our man Backes notched 3 assists in the All-Star Game. I didn't watch the game, but I can only assume there was zero physicality and a couple witty one liners from the mic'd up players. [Blues]
- After last night's video debut, feel free to keep up with the latest on the Guardians or let me have it in the comments for pushing one gimmick (Guardians) while giving less than two shits about another (NHL All-Star Game). [Guardian Project]
- Puck Daddy declares the All-Star Game changes a success. [Puck Daddy]
- From noted shovel enthusiast and fellow Link Rat Brad Flick, some think it's time for the media to lighten up on the ASG. Brad and I both call "bullshit" on the about face, although I'm more inclined to think of this as a prelude to a return to ESPN for hockey broadcasting next season. [ESPN]
- You had to figure there'd be at least one or two parodies on the Guardians, right? Puck Daddy takes their shot. [Puck Daddy]
- You think hockey is leaning heavily on superstars like Crosby and Ovechkin? Proof is no further than the opening line of this article about concussions. It wasn't any of the others, it was only Sid's that apparently forced this discussion. [TSN]
- Speaking of HockeyJesus, he's beginning light workouts. [TSN]
- More from that damn yahoo hockey blog: Breakdown and analysis of yesterday's linked NHL players poll. [Puck Daddy]
- Photoshop kicks ass. Photoshop being applied to sports kicks more ass. [Bleacher Report]
- Stay tuned for the latest. [Is Chalie Sheen Dead]
- Smarter, sleaker vending machines. We're getting closer and closer to SkyNet, people. [WSJ]
Some like it. Some hate it. Either way, the Guardian Project continued with this video debuting at the ASG. I'll admit it, I'm getting sucked in to this whole charade. Let me know what you think about the Guardans in the comments.
And from Mike in Evansville, a good ol' hockey fight featuring a 6'8" fellow pummeling a 6'5" individual. That's one tall ass hockey fight. Enjoy.
I'm out. Stay safe as the weather gets worse.