If you watched any of the "Hockey Day in America" coverage yesterday, you saw NBC oggle over Patrick Kane and his American-ness. I don't care if he's American or not, I don't want to see that d-bag on TV. Let's beat the hell out of him and his team today, shall we?
- Afternoon hockey should be the only kind of hockey. Puck drops at 1 PM. [P-D Match-up Box]
- Captain Shatnerkirk and his Big Stew made a strong first impression on Saturday night. [P-D]
- The P-D didn't really preview today's game, but CBS has got our back on that front. [CBS]
- Stew gon' give it to ya. [BND]
- Remember, get drunk at Flannery's before today's game with your fellow Game Timers at the "Tweetup." [STLGT]
- Don't post large images in today's GDT. Be fawkin' considerate, aight? [STLGT]
- From the CHL: The Colorado Eagles' coach went all "Slap Shot" on the officials. No, he didn't go all Hanson and viciously beat them up. He went all Braden on them and stripped. [Puck Daddy]
- Michigan Tech's goalie didn't have a fun Hockey Weekend in America. Denver scored a rink-length, shorthanded goal on him. [Puck Daddy]
- Martin Brodeur is back in the line-up for the surging Devils who, for some strange fucking reason, have a shot at the playoffs now. [NJ.com]
- A win from Pittsburgh yesterday would have been great, but the Hawks prevailed in the skills competition. Who thinks that the Hawks will be really tired this afternoon with playing 2 games with travel in less than a day? [Chicago Tribune]
- 54% of people polled want fighting to go away. How appropriate that I read this article in the Montreal Gazette. Pussies. [Montreal Gazette]
- Yesterday's Heritage Classic, Canada's outdoor game, went off without a hitch, unless you're Montreal. This game was another where we needed help, but the Canadiens were D.O.A. yesterday. [NHL.com]
- Here's a web search engine that will find a website based on what mood you're in. Not recommended if you're having hot flashes. [Wild Mood Swings]
- The magazine for men who can't make decisions. [Funny or Die]
- This website is awesome. I've used it many times for finding the right underscoring track/song for a commercial. [Music to Use]
From Carnie comes some a dubstep remix featuring The Biebz. For those not in the know, he recently got shot and killed in an episode of CSI. I could watch this all day.
I'm covering for PCS for a while, so let's wish him well as he works his way to being a Poor College Graduate.
gametimelinks AT gmail DOT com